Emergency contact

Emergency contact

Family Health services are only available during working hours, Monday to Friday and are not available at weekends or bank holidays. We do not provide an emergency or out of hours service.

For urgent or emergency health care

Call 999  – for a medical emergency, when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk; see when to call 999 for more details.

Accident and Emergency (A&E) – for genuine life-threatening emergencies; see when to go to A&E for more details.

NHS 111 on-line at nhs.uk or  call 111 – if you need help but it’s not an emergency.

Dental – your dentist may be able to see you or direct for emergency dental treatment or may direct you to another dental service.  If you aren’t registered with a dentist or your emergency is out of hours, call NHS 111 for advice including the cost of any treatment.

For non-urgent health care

GP – for a wide range of family health services; you can search for your local GP services including how to register; if your GP is closed you can go to nhs.uk or call 111 that will direct you to the right local service.

Pharmacist – you can talk to your local pharmacist for advice on minor illnesses or medication.


For urgent mental health support

Bradford district

For urgent mental health support in Bradford district call First Response on 01274 221181, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Wakefield district

For urgent mental health support in Wakefield district, contact:

South West Yorkshire NHS Trust Single Point of Access (SPA) – call 01924 316900,  available 9am -6pm.

The Samaritans –  call freephone 116123, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Call 999 – if a crisis and going to immediately self-harm or harm others.

Social Care Direct – call 0345 8503503 if very concerned about the safety or well-being of an adult at risk or older person (visible signs of injury).

For safeguarding support

Safeguarding children is everybody’s business. Safeguarding children means protecting children from physical, emotional or sexual abuse or neglect. It also means improving their life chances by supporting children to grow up to be confident, healthy and happy adults.

If you are concerned that a child is being harmed you must not keep these concerns to yourself. Contact the numbers above to ensure that you speak to a suitable person who can listen to and record your concerns, and then take the appropriate action.  If you live in the Bradford district see Bradford Council’s website; if you live in the Wakefield district, see Wakefield Council’s website.

For domestic abuse support

Domestic abuse affects one in four women and one in six men. It is likely to get worse in situations such as pregnancy or when alcohol use is involved. We ask routinely when we have contact with you if this is something you are concerned about. We can provide information and support.  If you live in the Bradford district see Bradford Council’s website for more information or support.  If you live in the Wakefield district see Wakefield Council’s website for more details, including support.